How to create a website with WordPress
Welcome again entrepreneurs!
We have talked about motivation, one of the most important things we all need to start our own business. I am sure that all of us have gone through tough situations that made us stronger and helped us to make the decision of taking action to change things; it is the positive attitude we have when facing them what leads us to overcome difficulties and aspire to greatness. We have also made clear that what we want is to be able to spend time with our family and friends, be our own boss and establish our own rules and schedules. Why work for somebody else if another option exists, right?
Well, now is time to make it happen! I’m going to show you step by step how to create a website with WordPress, the way I did it: quick and easy. I will also share some tips to make it attractive and successful.
STEP #1: CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
Go to www.wordpress.com and click on ‘Get Started’.
– Decide to ‘Start with a blog’ or ‘Start with a website’ and give it a name.
Name your site
- Make sure you choose a remarkable name. It will be your presentation to the world, so you should think carefully what you want to transmit with your personal/professional brand.
- Use something to draw the attention of your niche; it can be very specific or it can be something suggestive (for example: ‘Lose weight in a week’ or ‘The best version of your healthy self’). Always keep this in mind: Why should they visit your website and not others?
- Be original and differentiate yourself from the rest.
- Try to avoid weird words, simple is beautiful. You want to ensure that people remember you, not to forget about you once they leave your page. Your main goal must be to positionate yourself as the first option in your niche’s mind. Complexity is your enemy!
– Select the plan that best fits your needs and create your account with your email address and password. Very simple!
STEP #2: CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR SITE IS LIVE
Now you can view your site. Let’s explore!
WordPress will give you a template as a base for you to take it from there.
– At the top right hand corner of your screen you can access to your Notifications Bell, Your Profile (where you can manage your Account Settings) and you are also one click away from creating a New Post.
– In the upper left hand corner you can find the ‘Reader’ button, where you will be able to discover other WordPress blogs and posts (follow sites, like, comment and share) and ‘My sites‘ button where you will be able to manage your website(s).
STEP #3: PERSONALIZE YOUR WEBSITE
First of all, select and activate the theme you want to use to start your blog or website. There are hundreds of them, so try to choose the one that best matches your identity.
It is true that this is an important part of the process, as it will be the first contact your potential client will have, but do not expend too much time customizing it at the beginning, you can make changes further on.
Making a great first impression is determinant for your niche to stay or not on your page. Remember that creating a brand experience will differentiate us from the rest of our competition.
STEP #4: DESIGN YOUR WEBSITE’S CONTENT
We have arrived to our final destination: the content! Last but not least.
- Manage your pages
- Write blog posts
- Add Media (photos, videos, documents…)
- Approve and edit comments
- Include testimonials
MANAGE YOUR PAGES
One of the best things of WordPress is that it is very intuitive. Its simplicity helps you to learn fast and work at ease. Create a menu with different sections and structure your online content. A page well organized has more value.
WRITE BLOG POSTS
You must create relevant content for your niche is you want to be successful online. There’s so much to talk about and so many people to feed with information.
We are more connected than ever and we have access to any type of information, products and services. It is obvious that in a world surrounded by so much competition, we must stand out to be known. A strong brand positioning plays an important part on this. But, how to get there?
Find what is exactly your audience need (do your own exhaustive research) and create relevant content to make them trust you above others. Be creative, empathetic, natural, caring and helpful.
The visual content is absolutely necessary to make the site more enjoyable and it favors a pleasant reading. Use relevant pictures, videos and documents as part of your content strategy; to make it more engaging. In my opinion, a personal gallery works better than copyright free images, as it provides your followers with more value.
APPROVE AND EDIT COMMENTS
Comments are the perfect way to generate traffic to your website. Search engines will notice that there’s interaction on your page and therefore that you provide quality and useful information.
The testimonials feature lets you collect kudos from customers and clients and display them on your site in different ways to add credibility and a professional feel.
Here is what WordPress recommends about how to Increase Your Site Traffic!
Feel free to leave your comments down below or contact me! 🙂